This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


PLEASE NOTE: We are closed for staff training from 1.30pm on 22nd February 2018.  If you need a doctor in an emergency please call Single Point of Access on 01472 256256


CHRONIC DISEASE CLINICS -  The surgery is changing recalls for patients to ONE recall in your birthday month for ALL chronic disease reviews:- diabetes, heart disease, asthma, COPD and stroke/TIA.  This is to reduce the amount of reviews you are asked to attend.  If you have more than one of the above conditions you will only need to be seen once at the surgery.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets national criteria.


How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If this is not possible and you wish to make a complaint please inform us as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or, at most, a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If this is not possible please let us have details of your complaint:


Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem, or within 6 months of

discovering that you have a problem (provided that this is within 12 months of the incident.)


Complaints should be addressed to Johanna Morton, Deputy Practice Manager, Beacon Medical, Cleethorpes Primary Care Centre, St Hughs Avenue, Cleethorpes, DN35 8EB.


We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days and aim to have investigated your complaint within twenty five working days. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved. On investigation we shall aim to:


Establish what happened and what went wrong;

Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned;

Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;

Identify what we can do to avoid the problem recurring.


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we have to know that you have their permission to do so. Written consent from the patient will be required (unless there is incapacity through illness).

If you do not feel able to complain to the Practice, you can instead complain to NHS


By post

NHS England

PO Box 16738


B97 9PT


By Telephone

0300 311 22 33

This line is open Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00 (excluding Bank Holidays)

Raising Concerns with the Care Quality Commission

The CQC is the independent regulator of health and adult social care services in

England. They may be contacted on 03000 616161 (

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

If you are still unhappy with the way that your complaint has been dealt with you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman on 0345 015 4033.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website